Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Meet Tom


Tom is the newest member of our little family. I am not very fond of Tom. I am scared of Tom. To me, Tom is just gross. But Audrey loves him. And when I told her he had to stay outside, she started crying and said he would be lonely. My first thought was not a very nice one. So, I told her she had to talk to her daddy. Thinking he would agree that we should send him back out to the lake. NOT that he would go out and buy him his own place. Which now sits on top of our piano. Full of dirty water. Looking all gross. I go visit with him several times a day to see if he is still alive. And he is. Apparently, they can live a long and happy life.

The girls want a pet so bad. I am not an animal person. AT.ALL. I don’t know what it is about them. I loved animals as a child. I can’t ever recall being scared of them or scared to touch them. I blame high school biology.
We talked (David talked, I whined) about getting a hamster the other night. I told David my concerns. Like what if he gets out (my nephews gets out) I am NOT staying in the house because to me, it’s just a big, hairy rat. Then we decided that Emily and Audrey would chase him around if he wasn’t home. David will help clean the cage. And the big one is…. we can only get one. Why? Well, I’m so glad you asked. When I was younger we had two hampsters. Laverne & Shirley. Like the tv show. They had babies. They ate the babies. And then Laverne ate Shirley. Or Shirley ate Laverne. Don’t remember and it doesn’t really matter. I just remember how grossed out I was that awful day.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 01, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure I will be hearing much more about Tom from the girls in the future, I like animals but I am like you, I like them being outside, not in the house!!!

 
At Saturday, April 05, 2008 , Blogger Houston Domestic said...

lol my mom is just like that she is scared of jsut abaut any type of animal but some bugs do look nasty

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home